Sunday, February 12, 2012

Amherst Roses

I love flowers. 

I love growing them


and I love using them in my artwork. 


Although I live on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in a co-op,



I am still able to pursue my passion for gardening because we have a beautiful roof garden in my building. 

I have to admit that it is my pride and joy and I have been gradually transforming it by adding more flowers every year. 



We now have a lovely collection of roses. 



We have a variety of purple and pink hybrid teas in the west garden. 



While in the south garden we have wild red roses mixed with orange lilies. 



There are even a couple of miniature rose bushes in the north entryway.  Luckily they are far enough out that they are getting enough sun to bloom happily each June.


Ciao
PJ

all photos (c) 2012 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment