Sunday, September 21, 2014

Daisies


Normally I don't pay much attention to daises. 

  
Their shape doesn't necessarily interest me and in general I find their colors to be uninspiring.  


But there are exceptions to every rule.  


And I think these photos are among my all time favorites.  

 
I took them in Central Park a few years ago.  


What made all the difference was the fact that they were planted in pots sitting on top of one of the bridges.  


That allowed me to get close-up shots with the sun coming from behind the flowers,


which gives them a translucent effect.  


They also mixed different colors in the same pot so I not only got some interesting combinations,


but also some lovely background colors.

 
Happy Autumn!
PJ

(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer


No comments:

Post a Comment