Sunday, May 4, 2014

Greenwich Village Tulips


A few weeks ago I read that the spring bulbs would be gorgeous this year. 


Apparently in order for them to look their best, they need 5 weeks of weather below 35 degrees. 


This year we had 7 1/2 weeks. 


(Didn't you know there just had to be a silver lining after such a challenging winter?) 


We have also had a slow start to spring so it has been difficult to judge when things would begin to bloom. 


Well clearly the tulips are peaking this week and they are fabulous. 


These beauties are from a little park in Greenwich Village. 


It's amazing they can look this lovely without being lit by sunlight.  


And, since I didn't have my camera with me, I took these photos with my Samsung Galaxy S4.  


I continue to be impressed with that phone. 


Ciao
PJ

(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment