Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ireland 2



In honor of St. Patrick's Day I thought I would post a second round of photos from Ireland.  
Our tour included highlights such as the Rock of Cashel, seat of the kings of Munster,
and The Cliff's of Moher, which we managed to catch just before they were swallowed by fog.  The note about foot and mouth disease was a sign of the times in 2001 when we visited. 
Here's another pic from Glendalough - where the Irish saved civilization. 
And John's Castle in Limerick.
Built in 1425, Bunratty Castle was the home of the MacNamara's. 
Galway was one of my favs.  An adorable college town with buskers and awesome oysters.  What more could you want?  Oh right.  Guinness.  They have that too. :-)
Edward developed a fondness for this little cutie somewhere along the way.
And these lovely gardens were part of the Irish National Botanic Gardens.
Finally I am delighted to say that Kilkea Castle, whose closure I lamented in my last blog about Ireland, is scheduled to reopen in 2017.  We might just have to go back and stay there again.
Here's the link to the previous blog.

Erin go Bragh!
PJ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment