Sunday, August 5, 2018

Chinatown


Manhattan's Chinatown is disappearing. 

 I first realized something was going on when Pearl Paint closed. 

Now Canal Street is mostly empty store fronts.  

But many have been renovated and they are merely in transition while pricing is worked out.  

Soon they will be on to whatever comes next.  

Meanwhile, I figured I had better head down to Chinatown with my camera to capture it while I still can.  

When it goes it will be due in part to its own success.  

People are moving to Chinatowns in various cities because of the food.  

Yeah, I get that.

It's my go to place for fresh seafood and fish in Manhattan. :-)

Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2018 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant makes me feel like I am right there! Thank you PJ. T

    ReplyDelete