Sunday, February 2, 2014

Digital Collages: Egyptian Lotus


These digital collages were created by combining photos from Egypt 


with photos of various water lilies and lotus flowers. 


Egypt is a magical place to visit. 


I had the sense of my childhood history lessons come to life. 


I took this shot while I was sailing up the Nile like Cleopatra.  


But what surprised me the most was the extraordinary scale of all the buildings and monuments. 


They dwarfed not only everything I have seen in other places but also my wildest imagination. 


I included a person in this shot so you can get a sense of how huge these carvings at Abu Simbel are. 


 And then there's the heat. 


We visited in September and it still soared above 110 degrees as we headed south.


So, one of the highlights of the trip was visiting Karnak at night when it was a bit more bearable.


Next time I visit I'll go in January!


Ciao
PJ

(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer 

No comments:

Post a Comment