Sunday, April 20, 2014

Dark Pink Magnolias


Photographing spring flowers is always tricky.  


There is no consistency to when things actually bloom as it is all depends on the weather. 


Sometimes they bloom in sequence, but other times they burst on the scene all at once. 


Then there is the rain.  As the saying goes: April showers bring May flowers. 


Sometimes it's really cold too.  On Wednesday I went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. 


 I had to wear my long undies as it was in the lower 40's!


 I thought I was going there to shoot the magnolias. 


But when I arrived I found that they were mostly past their prime already. 


So I focused on the early cherries instead. 


Luckily though I have so many nice pics from previous years that I could still share these, of an exquisite dark pink variety, with you.


Enjoy!
PJ

(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment