Sunday, May 24, 2015

Spring in the Bronx



I don't usually go to the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx.  
But it occurred to me this spring as I took photos

in Central Park and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, that I was getting a bit redundant,
 
so it was time to venture some place new.  

I'm glad that I did. 

It has a very different feel from the other places in the spring,
more spontaneous as if the trees just happened to grow that way with the daffodils scattered in front. 
It's also larger, so even on a beautiful Wednesday in the spring (their free day) you can still get photos without people in them.  Which is becoming quite tough in the other places. 
On this visit the highlights were the flowering crabapples and the daffodils.  
But my favorite moment was spotting this guy.  At least one honeybee is still out there doing his thing.
Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2015 PJ Lehrer
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment