Sunday, May 14, 2017

Israel 2



My niece Jessica leaves for Israel today.  I'm a little jealous. 
 Israel is an amazing place.  And I haven't visited since 1989. 


I wrote a letter for her about my trip and thought I'd post a second set of photos.  
This is a classic pic of the Western Wall. 
And this is me, putting a prayer in the wall for the ultimate Chanukah card. 
(Thanks Mom!)
Edward loved floating about in the Dead Sea, but I have to admit it freaked me out, so I stuck to the pool. 
Old Jaffa is quite picturesque. 
And the Roman ruins at Caesarea were awesome. 
This statue at Yad Vashem - The World Holocaust Remembrance Center, is actually a copy.  The original is at Dachau concentration camp.  We saw them both, but in reverse order since we visited Israel before Germany.  But we thought they were two statues by the same artist.  Turns out we were mistaken. 
I was inspired by the visit to create a digital collage of the Via Delarosa in Jerusalem, using a photo of the street, one of the stained glass window in the Church of The Flagellation and the drawing I did of the Church of Holy Sepulture.  I call it Via D. It's one of my favs.
Here's a previous blog about Israel...

Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2017 PJ Lehrer
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment