Sunday, May 7, 2017

West Village



I went down to McNulty's on Christopher Street the other day to get my coffee fix, only to discover that they don't open until 1:00 on Sundays.  
Who knew? 

I'm addicted to their hazelnut variety so I decided to loiter in the area until they opened.  (No wonder they have been in business since 1895!) 
I took in some of the local sites - tourists ignoring the George Segal sculptures in Christopher Park
and the beautiful tulips in the Jefferson Market Garden. 
I'm not quite sure what to make of these trees. 
Was it an art project or did someone think they looked cold? 
But the most fun thing about the neighborhood are the old houses that somehow managed to survive the march to bigger better and newer. 
This one is so cute. 
BTW, since I wasn't expecting to shoot I took these photos with my Samsung 7 - not too shabby.
Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2017 PJ Lehrer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment