Sunday, December 3, 2017

Central Park - Fall 2017



Since photographing Central Park in the fall is one of my favorite things, 

I headed over even thought the signs were not good.  

By that I mean that in late October Central Park put a post on their Instagram feed pointing visitors to the few trees that had changed, and then posted another alert when the trees were peaking in November.  

Clearly their fans were freaking out. 

My mother always said that you needed cool nights in the fall to get the prettiest colors.  

She was right of course.  

But I learned something new this year.  

Turns out that trees turn yellow and orange due to shorter days.  It's the reds and deep purples that need the cold.  

Without them the park looked very golden. 

But still quite beautiful as always.

Here are some previous blogs from fall in Central Park.

Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2017 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment