Sunday, February 3, 2019

United Nations 4


Every day the headlines in the news make it clear that isolationism is in.  So sad.  

As any historian knows trade increases prosperity all around.  

It reminds me of the JFK quote: "A rising tide lifts all boats." 

So how stupid is it to reduce trade, which is exactly what tariffs do?  

Oh well I choose to believe that people will come to their senses eventually and put things right.  

Can't happen too soon for me. :-)  

And in the meantime I will continue to visit the United Nations HQ to photograph its beautiful lines; 

enjoy its pretty flags; 

and root for its mission - to maintain international peace and security.  

Yeah, that works for me.

Here are some previous U.N. blogs...




Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment