Sunday, September 15, 2024

San Gennaro 2024

This year is the 98th annual Feast of San Gennaro.


It began on September 12th and runs through September 22nd, so there’s still time to check it out.


 I visited on Saturday when it was way too hot.  But that didn’t seem to stop anyone from eating their way down Mulberry Street. 


I did hear a greeter at a restaurant shouting “The Godfather was shot here.  We have inside seating with air conditioning.”  Something for everyone. 😊


The festival is larger than it was the last time I attended in 2013.  I guess that’s what happens if you only visit once a decade.  It now extends north through Soho all the way to Houston Street.


And instead of just one, now three cross town streets have gotten in on the action.


This year’s big thing was Cacio e Pepe – made with flair of course.


I stayed around long enough to watch the bands warming up for the Grand Procession


and see Anne Burrell, from the Food Network, who was this year’s grand marshal.


I’m still trying to figure out how the floats even fit on that crowded street.


Here are the blogs from my visit in 2013…

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2013/09/feast-of-san-gennaro.html

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2014/09/feast-of-san-gennaro-2.html

Cheers!

PJ

 

© 2024 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment