Sunday, September 29, 2024

Aerial NYC 2024

 

When we flew back from North Carolina this week, I lucked out.

The plane descended below the clouds in time for me to see NYC from the sky. 😊


Although I have done more than my fair share of flying in and out of the city over the decades that I have lived here, it is rare that the stars have properly aligned to allow me to have such a great view.


And since most of my travel took place pre-cell phone, this is the first time I have been able to capture the view.


Isn’t it AWESOME!!!


Here’s a close-up of the Freedom Tower and lower Manhattan with the Brooklyn Bridge.


And, here’s a close-up of the new midtown Manhattan skyline that I am still trying to get used to.


This shot of midtown was taken at a lower elevation.  All those tall buildings across the river from Manhattan are in Long Island City, Queens.  They are having one impressive building boom.


In this close-up you can still see the classics – Empire State Building, United Nations and Chrysler Building. 


 
And last, but not least – the money shot.  Wow!  It’s just like an episode of Aerial America. 😉


Cheers!

PJ

 

© 2024 PJ Lehrer



2 comments:

  1. Great Photos! Have them enlarged, framed, and hung in your apartment. You might be able to sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a remarkable set of pictures. Thank you so much. I look forward to taking a go at Painting some

    ReplyDelete