Sunday, October 28, 2012

Smithsonian


Another great thing about Washington D.C. is the Smithsonian. 


With so many museums to choose from there is something for everyone. 



And since they don’t charge admission you can bop in and out when the weather turns on you.


The art museums are far less crowded than those in New York.


And on one of my visits a bored guard stopped to chat me up.


I’m pretty sure that the most popular museum is Air & Space – with good reason. 


I don’t know which is more fun the rockets or the antique planes. 


On my last trip I got to see something truly special – Degas’ original wax sculpture of “The Little Fourteen-Year-Old Dancer.” 


There are several bronze casts floating around – including one at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. 


That one was my inspiration for becoming an artist, so it was a real thrill to see the original.


Ciao
PJ


© 2012 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment