Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pink Magnolias


Magnolias are my favorite flower. 



Their petals are large and floppy and they make all sorts of interesting shapes. 


It also doesn’t hurt that they are early bloomers signifying the start of spring,


which can never come too soon for me. 



There are trees scattered throughout the neighborhood and since the ones in the sunnier locations bloom first,



I change my route when I do my errands to enjoy their progress. 



When I was looking through my archives to select these photos I noticed that while some were taken as early as April 3rd,



others were taken as late as April 24th



I have a feeling that despite Puxatony Phil’s prediction they will bloom late this year as it’s still pretty cold out. 


But it can’t be long now!


Ciao
PJ

© 2013 PJ Lehrer










No comments:

Post a Comment