Sunday, May 19, 2013

Egypt


Egypt is a magical place.


I still remember studying it when I was in the single digits,


and thinking that someday I wanted to go there and see it for myself. 


 So, it was a real hoot to sail up the Nile like Cleopatra, visit ancient Thebes, and see King Tut’s tomb. 


The most surprising thing about Egypt is how huge everything is. 


 Much larger than the monuments and buildings I’ve seen anywhere else. 


It was also incredibly hot – even in September it was over 100 degrees. 


That makes the fact that they built these huge structures even more amazing. 


I was so inspired by my trip that I decided to get over my fear of animals long enough to ride a camel and get a photo for that year’s holiday card. 



 It was well worth it.


Ciao
PJ

© 2013 PJ Lehrer  





No comments:

Post a Comment