Sunday, October 20, 2013

Union Square Farmer’s Market


If you had told me when I was younger that one day one of my favorite things to do would be to get up early on a Saturday morning 


and head down to the Farmer’s Market on 14th Street,


I would have thought you were nuts. 


And yet, I look forward to doing just that almost every weekend from spring through fall. 


It’s important to arrive early, not only to get the best selection,


but also because it gets so crowded. 


And if you are early then you can spend time talking to the people selling stuff, which is part of the fun. 


I not only get great gardening tips from them – e.g. water down some Dawn dishwashing liquid and use it to remove bugs without killing the plants. 


 I get good food tips as well – e.g. add a little sweet basil to your ice tea – it tastes great and it’s healthier too. 


What could be better than that?


Ciao
PJ

© 2013 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment