Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bronx Zoo


Since I can't remember the last time I went to the Bronx Zoo,


I was clearly overdue for a visit. 

 

When I think back to the last time I was there,

 
 
my memory is of either animals in too small cages or animals that were so far away you couldn't see them. 
 
 
Clearly much has changed. 
 
 
Zoos have caught on to the fact that if they create habitats that are more like where the animals actually live, they will be happier. 
 
 
And when the animals are happier, so are the people. 
 
 
Gee.  I would have thought that would have been obvious.
 
 
They have also created multiple viewing points around the enclosures so the animals can wander, but people can still see them close-up. 
 
 
Don't tell anyone, but I think this guy was actually an extra in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
 
 
Ciao
PJ
(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment