Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hudson Yards



Last week I went to visit the new section of the High Line only to discover that it is a work in progress.  So while I took a few photos I think I'll wait until I visit again when it's finished to post a blog about it.


But, while I was in the neighborhood what did catch my eye was the tremendous amount of construction going in Hudson Yards. 


Hudson Yards is the largest private development in the history of the U.S. 


It is being built on land running from 10th Avenue to 12th Avenue from 39th to 34th Street.  


It will have office buildings, apartments, stores, parks, restaurants, shopping and even a school. 


The Javits Center is located just north of the complex.  For years it sat there without subway access cut off from the rest of the city.  


But over the past few years work began on the extension of the number 7 line to the area. The latest completion date estimate is February 2015.


At that point the area will be accessible and it will have views of the sunset over the Hudson. 


The fact that the final section of the High Line curls around the area is just the icing on the cake.  


And right now it does give you great views of the construction.

 
Enjoy!
PJ

(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment