Sunday, August 7, 2016

Queens 2



Queens has been in the news lately, 
or more specifically the New York State Pavillion in Flushing Meadows Corona Park has been in the news.  
That's because they selected the winner for the contest to update the structure. 
The winning idea was a floating garden.  
I like gardens so I am happy about that. 
But the design left me a bit cold, so hopefully it will morph into something I like better
by the time they finish raising the money to build it.
The cost estimate is $52 million+ and they've only raised $12.9 million so far so they have a way to go. 
In the meantime,
I understand that it was given a fresh coat of paint.  
What a shame.  There was something magical about the rust!
 

Here's a previous blog...


Enjoy!
PJ
(c) 2016 PJ Lehrer
 



No comments:

Post a Comment