Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Greetings from Times Square. 





This photo was taken a few days before the big event as they tested the mechanics to make sure that all would be well on New Year’s Eve.  I hear it was, although I can’t say that I went to check it out. 


As a matter of fact, I have never been to New Year’s Eve in Times Square even though I am a native New Yorker. 


For a few years, I worked in 1515 Broadway, so I could have had a great view. 



But when I saw them bordering up all the stores the day before, and found out that the reason that they do that is so people don’t get pushed through the glass windows, I decided it wasn’t really my scene.

 
 
Edward on the other hand has been several times, most recently with our nephew Ryan in 2009, on a night when it was 17 degrees out! 


They had a great time.  I think the crowds were so large it helped keep them warm.


Times Square is one of my favorite places to photograph, and I visit fairly often thanks to a stream of visitors who want to check it out. 


I did these digital collages a few years ago.  I’ll leave them up until I get sued for copyright infringement. 


Actually, the artists usually win those cases, but it really isn’t worth the hassle. 


And I did this embroidery last year. 


I have no idea who this woman was and why she showed up in this outfit and proceeded to pose for the tourists.  But I thought she looked wicked, which is the title of the piece.

Ciao
PJ  

(c) 2012 PJ Lehrer 

No comments:

Post a Comment