Sunday, January 15, 2012

Xmas in NYC!

The holidays are a magical time in Manhattan. 


When I was a kid, my parents used to drive me and my brother Ken through midtown at night so that we could enjoy all the lights. 



I’ve grown jaded over the years and these days I generally only visit if I have guests in from out of town -- which of course does happen fairly often.



Several of the stores have amazing window displays every year.  This is one from this year at Lord & Taylor’s.  


These were from Saks in 2010. 


I loved the reflection from the surrounding buildings.



And I think this one came from a building on Park Ave.



While it is unusual to have no snow in December, as we did this year, we usually don’t have much.  Therefore our Christmases are seldom white. 



So, when we did have snow in 2009, I hustled down to the tree to get a photo.  The dedicated city workers were ahead of me, already clearing the snow for the tourists to come.


And of course, we can’t forget St. Patrick’s Cathedral.  One year my brother-in-law Kevin, exhausted from walking around Manhattan for the past few days, took a quick
nap in the pews while the rest of us looked around.


Ciao
PJ

(c) 2012 PJ Lehrer
































No comments:

Post a Comment