Sunday, January 22, 2012

Icicles in Central Park

Since we have snow on the ground this morning, 4.3 inches in fact, this seemed like a good time for some more snow photos.
One of the best things about living the Upper East Side of Manhattan is that Central Park is your backyard. 

And what a backyard it is! 

Aside from its year-round beauty it’s also a great place to people watch. 




And there’s plenty of inexpensive entertainment in the form of buskers and street performers who
emerge whenever the weather gets warm.


When I was younger I used to sunbathe near the boat pond, where I managed to meet a few boyfriends before I was married. 


These days, I tend to go over with my camera whenever the weather cooperates.  Winter is tricky of
course.   I consider anything over a foot to be a potential photo opportunity.


In January 2011, we actually had a 50 inch base by the time the second storm hit so it was perfect . 


I visited twice, once after each storm and since they had ended by the time I went over, some of the photos I took include a bizarre bright blue sky. 


Others were more traditional. 


These last two photos were from an earlier blizzard – the one in February 2003.  We got 19.8 inches on President’s Day.


It was still snowing when I went to the park the next morning so the focus is much softer and of
course the skies are white as you would expect them to be. 

Ciao
PJ

(c) 2012 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment