Sunday, April 29, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!


In April 2011, Edward and I went to Las Vegas. 


While he has been there many times, this was my first visit. 



Since I don’t gamble there really didn’t seem much reason to go. 



But then they started building Epcot style theme hotels



and I saw some interesting Thomas Struth photos and decided that I might enjoy a visit.



I did get some terrific photos. 



In fact, thanks to my photographic skills the photos look better than the actual subjects. 



Somehow they add the texture that the originals lack,



because at the end of the day, they are faux buildings designed to look like the real thing,



but lacking the patina that comes with true age and hand craftsmanship.




Still I am glad that I had the chance to visit and check them out.

Ciao
PJ



© 2012 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment