Sunday, April 14, 2013

14th Street Fire: 4/13/13


When I went to 14th Street to the Farmer’s Market in Union Square yesterday, I was planning on taking photos of the produce, plants and shoppers. 


But, by the time I arrived the sun was gone. 


Bummer. 


As luck would have it though, another opportunity presented itself in the form of a fire.  


I heard the sirens of the fire trucks arriving as I walked to the north end of the square.  


According to the tourists that I walked past there had been a big bang several minutes before. 


As we all speculated as to which building was on fire I rounded the corner to see that it was actually a garbage truck that was burning. 


I didn’t see the flames, but there was certainly a fair amount of smoke. 


And we all got to watch the firemen with their hoses doing their thing. 


Needless to say, everyone pulled out their cameras to share the moment.  (The guy in yellow is the truck driver.)


Just another day in NYC!

Ciao
PJ

© 2013 PJ Lehrer










No comments:

Post a Comment