Sunday, June 16, 2013

Park Ave “No Limits” Exhibit 2013

An exhibit of Alexandre Arrechea’s steel sculptures lined the Park Avenue Mall for the past few weeks. 


I managed to get over to photograph them on their very last day. 


I guess they were in a rush to move them as they had already begun digging them up!


The pieces are a cross between NYC’s iconic buildings and a garden hose.


Very clever. 


 They looked particularly interesting against the surrounding buildings. 


But as I have discovered over the years, when you take photos on the Park Ave Mall


the real trick is to avoid ending up looking at photos of traffic, since it is never ending.  


Somehow you have to figure out how to incorporate it and still end up with a nice pic.

  
I think I did fairly well with these.


In fact, that last one reminds me of a Charles Sheeler watercolor


"Incantation" Brooklyn Museum, New York

Or photograph.


"Ford's Rouge Plant"  Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

Ciao
PJ

© 2013 PJ Lehrer


“Incantation” by Charles Sheeler.  Retrieved from


 “Ford’s Rouge Plant” by Charles Sheeler.  Retrieved from http://www.changinggears.info/tag/charles-sheeler/




No comments:

Post a Comment