Sunday, July 7, 2013

Guggenheim

I was thinking about the Guggenheim this week


because I have plans to visit the James Turrell exhibit with a friend next week.



It’s an amazing building of course. 


I remember visiting with my parents the 60’s. 


I loved it


and thoroughly enjoyed running up and down the interior ramp, as children still do. 


These days I enjoy the artwork too.


My favorite exhibit so far was the James Rosenquist retrospective.


I almost skipped it because I wasn’t a fan of his early work. 


But luckily I went because I loved his “Flora and Florida” crosshatched paintings from the 80’s.


My enthusiasm was such that I decided to attend his recent exhibit in 2012, and was lucky enough to meet him.  Talk about a thrill.


Ciao
PJ

© 2013 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment