Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pink Hibiscus




Hibiscus have a special place in my heart because they bloom in the summer 
when there is far less competition than there is in the spring.  
So when I decide I need a break from the city heat and head to the parks



 there they are to delight me.  
It can be a bit of a challenge to photograph them though. 
Some have such large petals that even the slightest breeze blows them around. 


So you have to set up the shot and try to catch it between wind gusts. 
Luckily now that I shoot with a digital camera I can just keep going until I get it right.  
I have a very vivid memory of capturing these beauties at the Queens Botanical Gardens. 
I remember thinking of them as having "big floppy petals." 
And, I took that inspiration with me when I created this embroidery.
Enjoy!
PJ

(c) 2015 PJ Lehrer
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment