Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Cactus



Christmas cacti hold a special place in my heart 
because they are the only indoor plant that flowers 
that doesn't get bugs almost immediately. 
Therefore I always try to have a couple on hand. 
They usually surprise and delight me by blooming 
at non- Christmas times like Thanksgiving and St. Patty's day.
One thing that's a little tricky though is guessing what color they are when they are still in the budding state. 
I have to admit I thought these would be white. 
On the plus side, they bloomed so rigorously that Edward came running into the bedroom to tell me about it.  




So of course I had to photograph them. :-)




Enjoy!
PJ

(c) 2015 PJ Lehrer


 

2 comments:

  1. Hello there I am so grateful I found your site, I really
    found you by mistake, while I was searching on Bing for something else, Regardless
    I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cool! I do not suppose I have read a single thing like this before.

    So good to find someone with unique thoughts on this subject matter.
    Really.. thank you for starting this up. This
    web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with a
    bit of originality!

    ReplyDelete