Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hudson Yards Subway - Part 2



I've been enjoying the increased convenience of the new subway stop at Hudson Yards 
despite the fact that the MTA decided to pull the new trains from my regular line
 - the number 6 - and put them on this line instead. 
Truthfully, I think the folks from Flushing, where the number 7 starts, deserve a break.  
They're on the train a lot longer than I am. 
And speaking of longer, these escalators are the longest in the system 
because the station is 125 feet deep,
allowing room for the North River Tunnels to pass over it. 
And since I didn't mention it in my previous blog --
big kudos to Xenobia Bailey for her lovely mosaics- Funktional Vibrations.
Here's the previous blog...


Happy travels!
PJ

(c) 2016 PJ Lehrer
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment