Sunday, February 2, 2020

Butterflies for Kenny #2


In February 2018, I published Butterflies for Kenny, a coloring book that I created for my brother Kenny.  It's available online if you want to buy a copy and play along.  After you color, you can post your art on Instagram at #butterfliesforkenny.  So far, I've gotten a few people to play so you can check their pages out.

Meanwhile, this is my second page - Butterfly #2. 

As you can see, I color both inside and outside of the lines, and encourage others to do so too. ;-) 

This page was inspired by Grant Wood.  Although his most famous piece is American Gothic I fell in love with his simplistic Midwestern landscapes when the Whitney did a show of his work in 2018.  And thought that they would make a perfect background for these butterflies.

Here are links for the book in case you want to join the fun!



And here are my previous butterflies...



Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2020 PJ Lehrer
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment