Sunday, April 17, 2022

Manhattan skyline

I am always on the lookout for new NYC photo ops.  


 

So when I saw a pic of the Manhattan skyline with spring trees in the foreground I got all excited.   


Yeah, I know - easily amused.  


But as soon as we had a decent day I headed out for Long Island City in Queens to check out the view.  


I decided the easiest way to get there would be to take the Astoria Ferry from 90th Street.  


Unfortunately I misjudged the timing and had to wait an hour for the next ride.  


And then when I got on there were no seats left upstairs, even though 90th street is the first stop!


I guess the word has gotten out about what a good deal the ferries are.  


Hopefully they'll increase their frequency once it gets warmer out.  


But in the meantime I did get my shot - and then some.  This one is my favorite. :-)


 

Here are the previous pics from the ferry...

 

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2021/08/astoria-ferry.html

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2021/10/nyc-ferry-2.html

 

 

Cheers!

PJ

 

(c) 2022 PJ Lehrer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment