Sunday, October 17, 2021

NYC Ferry 2

 

I wanted to post a second set of photos from my rides on the NYC Ferries - the second best buy in town.  


The best would be the Staten Island Ferry which is entirely free and provides great views of The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and Lower Manhattan.


 

But the East River ferries run a close second with beautiful views of The Brooklyn Bridge and The Freedom Tower.

You also get to see lots of power plants.  


Hmm.  I'm sure when they put them near the river they thought they were putting them out of the way.  


But of course now many envy their views.  Maybe the workers get to enjoy them.


I wonder if the folks that work the ferry still enjoy the views.  


It would be a shame if they didn't.


Now that I have sampled two of the ferry lines, my goal is to try all the NYC Ferries.  


Stand by.  It might take a while.


Here is the previous blog...

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2021/08/astoria-ferry.html

 

Cheers!

PJ

(c) 2021 PJ Lehrer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment