Sunday, March 3, 2024

Happy Year of the Dragon!

The Chinese New Year began on February 10th and lasts 15 days.  It is the Year of the Dragon – the luckiest year out of the twelve signs in the Chinese horoscope.


New York City’s parade to celebrate the event was held last Sunday.  A good time was had by all. 


I have been meaning to attend for years since the visuals were bound to be fabulous.  


 But February is a tricky month weather wise and last year I had a cold.


This year however,  the stars were properly aligned. 


I suppose that’s because it’s the year of the dragon 😉


The parade was filled with dragons. 


 I can’t say if there were more than usual this year. 


But I can say that they were very picturesque as hoped.


And the costumes did not disappoint either.


I’ll post a second set of pics next week.

Happy Lunar New Year!

PJ

 

© 2024 PJ Lehrer

No comments:

Post a Comment