On September 2nd Ms. Gloria Steinem died. She was 92 years old.
I went to her home, now the site of her foundation on 73rd Street, to remember her.
While I was there a young man stopped to ask who she was.
I told him that she was a founder of the woman’s liberation movement, a feminist icon, and my hero.
She is the reason, that I was able to have the life that I did.
In the 90’s, recognizing that women were now present in greater numbers in workplaces, a study was done to determine how businesses had adapted to their presence.
What they found was that businesses had not changed at all.
What had changed was that women now believed that they belonged
there.
Gloria did that.
Still got work to do.
“The Truth Shall Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off!”
Ciao
PJ
© 2026 PJ Lehrer










No comments:
Post a Comment