Sunday, November 16, 2014

Daises 2



I went over to Central Park last week to start shooting fall foliage 


only to discover that I was a bit too early.  






It's always tricky trying to catch spring and fall at their peak.  




But, since the park never disappoints,




I stumbled instead on a beautiful display of daises in the Conservancy Gardens on 105th Street. 





This is a lovely area of the park if you haven't seen it.  




Six acres of formal gardens, three varieties -- French, English and Italian. 

 



Well worth the schlep.  



Here's a link to the website if you want to learn more...






Meanwhile though, as delightful as the daises were, I think the highlight of the visit was photographing these birds in the fountain.  I have photographed birds in this fountain many times, but have never seen them so animated before.  It kind of made me wonder what was up!




Cheers,
PJ
(c) 2014 PJ Lehrer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment