Sunday, May 15, 2016

Magnolias at the NY Botanical Gardens



Since the magnolias were so nice at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden when I visited, and the weather was cooperative, 
the next day I headed out to the NY Botanical Gardens in the Bronx to check out their collection. 

It's a very different experience.
 The Bronx gardens are 250 acres as compared to 52 for Brooklyn. 
So you can get lots more open vistas and it's easier to avoid strangers in your shots. 
But it's exhausting! 
Even when I take the tram, as I did this time,
I still seem to end up with at least a half hour walk back to the train.  
So when you go, bring lots of snacks to keep your energy up. 
And wear your sneakers.
Here's a previous blog from the NY Botanical Gardens...

Enjoy!
PJ
(c) 2016 PJ Lehrer
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment