Sunday, April 16, 2017

Central Park 4/9/17



As soon as it got nice outside I headed to Central Park to enjoy the weather and see how spring was coming along.  
The answer is not too well I'm afraid. 
The combination of a warm Jan/Feb followed by a cold and snowy March was very damaging to the early spring trees. 
The fluffy white trees around town look very sad. 
The ones in sunny spaces fared worse as they were probably further along when the bad weather hit.  But the other ones are not exactly lush either.  
I fear it will be the same with the cherries. 
And I'm wondering if that means that leaves will be sparse too. 
On the other hand, the daffodils looked pretty good , so maybe the tulips will be ok. 
But it wasn't a great year for magnolias. 
I overheard someone say: "In two weeks this will probably look very nice."  I think she was probably right. :-)
Here are some other Central Park blogs...





Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2017 PJ Lehrer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment