Sunday, January 13, 2019

Embroidery: Yellow Roses


When our apartment was flooded last year some of my embroidery was damaged.  To preserve textiles they need to be stored in special acid free cardboard boxes.  Unfortunately I kept the box on the floor of my closet.  So the pieces that were on the bottom of the pile were soaked with water.  I dried them out as best I could and now I am in the process of replacing the cardboard backing since it warped when they were wet.

In the case of this piece, and a few others, some of the blue dye from the box transferred to the art.  For the most part I was very lucky and it didn't go beyond the outer rim of the pieces.  But this one was an exception.  That having been said when I looked at the effect of adding the blue to the yellow thread I liked it.  

So I decided to post it in its new form.  


And I also realized that in future pieces it might be fun to use a bit of watercolor paint on top of some of the lighter thread colors to get a more varied look.  I'll have to give it a shot at some point.

Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment