Sunday, March 17, 2019

Warhol at The Whitney


I managed to make it over to The Whitney to check out the Warhol show before it closes this week.  

As one of the reviews I read mentioned it seemed to have been designed with selfies in mind.  

For instance this room, which was wall-to-wall cows. 

They borrowed my favorite work from The Met.  

But there were still a few pieces I hadn't caught in person before.  

I was most taken with this simple drawing as I marvel at the ability to capture an image so easily.  

It was a multi-media exhibit including sculptures too, but also his films and videos.  

There were several school groups visiting while I was there.  

And as I looked at them I remembered myself trashing Warhol's Campbell Soup Can at the Guggenheim in the 60's when I was in the single digits.  

What can I say?  Except that I have come around since then. I found the show quite inspirational.

Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment