Sunday, July 23, 2023

Chinatown 7

 

The tourists are back!


I went to Chinatown the other day to pick up some herbs and seafood and there they were – clogging the sidewalks buying counterfeit handbags, watches and sunglasses.



And listening to self-appointed expert guides who may or may not be spreading fake news.



I have to admit that even though I grumbled as I walked around them it was nice to see their return.



NYC just wasn’t the same without them. 



I even had an invitation to “come with” after I helped some ladies on the train figure out which stop they wanted to get off on. 



I’m still not sure that they got it right. 



But, as I explained to them when I turned down their offer to join them, I needed to get home before my shrimp took a turn for the worse. 



Given the warm weather we’ve been having, I wasn’t sure that shlepping seafood on the subway was a great idea, but the seafood is so much fresher in Chinatown it was worth a shot. 



Luckily, it was fine. 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment