Sunday, July 16, 2023

For The Birds 2

 

So far I haven’t found any outdoor art exhibits in NYC this summer that speak to me. 


So I thought I’d post another set of pics from last year’s birdhouse exhibit at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. 


I had forgotten how creative they were. 


On the website they pay tribute to the artists. 


They also give advice on “how to become a birder.” 


 

Hmm.  I would have thought it was self-explanatory. 

https://www.bbg.org/forthebirds



They auctioned off roughly half of the houses after the exhibit ended but I was unable to find out how much money they brought in. 


Hopefully it was enough to keep the gardens happy.



Meanwhile, in Manhattan these days all the birding attention is on Flaco – the owl who escaped from the Central Park Zoo last spring, who is currently enjoying his freedom in Central Park – but not as much as the local birders are enjoying watching him.



I may just have to join them one of these days.




Here is a link to the previous blog from the exhibit…

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2022/10/for-birds.html

Happy Birding!

PJ

 

© 2023 PJ Lehrer


No comments:

Post a Comment