Sunday, July 9, 2023

Mermaid Parade 2

 

I took so many wonderful photos at the Mermaid Parade that I had to post a second round of favorites.


There weren’t too many bands in the procession, but those that were involved were well received.


Many of the children who marched appeared to be less than thrilled.  But this young lady is definitely destined to be a star!



By the time I got across the street, the line at Nathan’s was so long I decided to forgo the opportunity to check out their frogs legs. 



I read an article about Nathan’s that mentioned that when they first opened, they offered neighborhood doctors free lunches if they came in wearing their white coats in an effort to convince the public that hot dogs were ok to eat. 




I’m not so sure about that. 



When I read that there are more nutrients in buns than there are in the hot dogs I stopped eating them. 



But I still admire Nathan’s salesmanship. 


And I am curious to try frogs legs.  Maybe next year –


 

if I can find a good costume.


Here's a link to the previous blog…

 

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2023/06/the-mermaid-parade.html

 

Cheers!

PJ

 

© 2023 PJ Lehrer


No comments:

Post a Comment