Sunday, September 1, 2019

Dahlias 2


It's Dahlia season at the market again.  

So it seemed like a good opportunity to post some more pics of these delightful flowers.  

Are they a bit showy?  You bet.  But that's what makes them fun.  

Also the variety of shapes and colors.  

Oddly enough, most bouquets tend to feature a single type.  I would definitely mix a few together if I designed them.  

But mostly I like to enjoy them in situ at one of the NYC gardens.  

The Brooklyn Botanic Garden tends to be my favorite place to go, because I can take the subway there.
But the collections at the NY Botanical Garden in the Bronx are usually larger and more comprehensive since they have so much more land to work with.   
Of course it does mean that I get tired faster when I visit.   

Luckily they do have a little shuttle train for when I run out of steam. ;-)

Here's a previous blog of Dahlias...


Enjoy!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 

 





 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment