Sunday, September 29, 2019

Tiffany at The Met


I took my camera over to The Met to give it a test run.  

It was a really hot day and the place was a mob scene.  

So I headed for a less popular spot.
 

 But I got distracted by the Tiffany's in the American Wing Courtyard.  

As you may know, while Tiffany is considered the creative genius behind the work, there is significant evidence that the actual artists were the women in the company,  in particular - Clara Driscoll, head of the "Woman's Glass Department."  

Why does that remind me of the women computers at NASA?  
You can read a bit more about them here.  https://www.incollect.com/articles/the-women-of-tiffany-studios

What I love most about their work is the incredible variation of color.  

It really makes the images so much more beautiful to look at.  

I think about it whenever I do my own artwork. :-)

Here's some more Tiffany from other NYC museums - we are very lucky to have so many in town...




Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment