Sunday, September 15, 2019

Times Square 5


I thought I'd take my new camera out for a spin so I headed for Times Square 

to see how the neighborhood was looking.  

Lots of construction to the north, 

but as I approached Broadway the view was as lovely as ever.  

When I arrived at Times Square however I was startled to see that it had completed its transition to tourist attraction.  

Don't get me wrong it's nice to have a plaza and seating and a place to get food as tourists really had none of these things before.  

But as someone who worked in the area in the 80's 

when it was known for its SROs and strip clubs, it is somewhat surreal. 

This tourist asked me to take his photo and I complied.  It took a while for me to explain that I wanted one of him as well.  I suspect he still doesn't get it.  

But the people are what makes Times Square really special. 

Here are some previous blogs of Times Square...





Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment