Sunday, November 3, 2019

Central Park - 11/1/19


We finally got a nice day so I headed over to Central Park to see how the autumn leaves were coming along.  

I can't say I was very encouraged.  

The yellow trees were staring to lose their leaves while the red and orange ones were barely getting started.  

As I learned last year that happens when it is too warm at night in September and October.  

The shorter days are enough to get the yellows going, but the reds and oranges need colder temperatures.  

Well they are about to get their wish as the forecast is for snow on Thursday.  

Hopefully it doesn't happen, 

because when it does while the trees still have their leaves it causes a great deal of damage.  

Not to mention the fact that I was hoping to get over to the park one more time when the trees were further along.  

Keep your fingers crossed.

Previous Central Park fall blogs...








Ciao
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment