Sunday, May 9, 2021

White Cherry Blossoms

Cherry blossoms come in a wide range of colors from white to dark pink.  


 

While it's hard to ignore the showy pink ones, the white ones have the first to bloom advantage.  


Every year I look forward to their appearance in the neighborhood.  


When they start to peak, 


I head for one of the parks to take full advantage of the opportunity to see them in their glory.  


If the weather gods cooperate I sometimes go back for a pink cherry encore like I did this year.  


They were so beautiful they were hard to resist.  


But, I also needed a walk!  


This year I limited my trips to Manhattan - Central Park and Riverside Park.  


 

Next year I'll have to visit the outer boroughs. ;-)


Here's some more spring photos from the UES.

 

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-in-hood.html

 

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-in-hood-part-2.html

 

Cheers!

PJ

 

(c) 2021 PJ Lehrer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment