Sunday, June 20, 2021

East Midtown Greenway P2

 

I had so many great shots I thought I'd post a second set of photos of the building of the East Midtown Greenway from 53rd to 62st over the East River.  


Apparently work on the $100 million dollar project had been halted due to Covid-19 in spring 2020.  Just like everything else. ;-)


But work resumed in October 2020.


One of the times that I went to photograph it I found my way to a pocket park with a front row view.  


It was crowded with people I presumed were from the neighborhood since it was a bit difficult to find.  



I thought they were entertaining themselves watching the action on a nice day.  


Some had even brought chairs.  


But I may have been wrong about their motives.  


It turns out that some of the residents in the area had filed a lawsuit since they would be lose their exclusivity once people could gain entry to their park from the greenway.  


 

They lost.



Here are some previous pics...

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2021/03/building-east-midtown-greenway.html

 

Cheers!

PJ

 

(c) 2021 PJ Lehrer 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment